Thursday, October 24, 2013

Pondering life after university.

This a previous post that I'd like to share. It was probably near the beginning of second semester of my last year of my degree.

Life after university. Scares me. I don't know which path I'll take. Here are the options I've paved for myself:

1. Find work, Volunteer for a dietitian apply everywhere later
take a year off, volunteer for a dietitian then apply for internship everywhere
pros: I think this type of position fits my personality, its public health
cons: high cost of moving and living and doing an 8 month internship outside of the province, cannot be home for a year or so

2. Bachelor of Environmntal Health Degree
- apply for environmental health degree and pursue health inspection
pros: study in a new city, learn independence, obtain a job that is secure once you secure it, working in public health
cons: might be too stressful for my personality, high cost of living in another city, cannot be home for 15 months

3. Masters Degree in Community Nutrition
 complete a masters degree in community nutrition
pros: its at the uofm, pursuing more education is always a good thing, I can still complete my RD later


No comments:

Post a Comment