Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Day 7 ...

Mornings really are the best when you wake up early. For me, early is 8:30am. If I got up any earlier, I'd have more time to blog. I get a ride to work in the morning, therefore, lots of time to blog!

Yesterday for dinner, the plan was to make burger and fries with coleslaw.  The Chef made the burger patty from scratch. The fries were from the food distribution company, sysco and the coleslaw lettuce was from safeway. It's nice when your boss sends you out walking somewhere on an errand. It's like a nice little treat!

We made the buns from scratch, which was fun to watch him do. He said I'd be a pro at bread making by the end of the summer. The kneading of the dough looks really tough to do to be honest. You need a lot of elbow grease....
Here are the ingredients that I remember..
  • 10 cups of flour
  • 2 cups of warm water
  • 3 oz of yeast
  • 1 cup of sugar
  • 2 tbsp of salt 
That's all I can remember from yesterday.. I should have really blogged about it before I forgot. You add the flour gradually and once it is all in one ball, you knead the dough. The more you knead it, the more gluten forms. You cover the dough with plastic wrap and store it in a warm dry place and let it rice for an hour. Once risen, cut at the dough and roll out the dough with a rolling pin. Use a cutter to cut out the rolled out dough. Bake it until it is golden brown.

Today, I'm going to make scones again! A little exciting no? It's my test and he's not going to help me at all. hope I do ok!

1 comment:

  1. I liked your scones. bring me some! you're so pro linda!!

    ReplyDelete