Thursday, June 30, 2011

Wednesday, Day 8

It's another wonderful day in Winnipeg. It really feels like summer is finally starting. It's 24*C and it's only 9am. Too bad I'm stuck indoors all day >.<. I have a job interview next week, but I'm not sure if I should stay here at the villa or go with the new job. My career says gogogo but my heart thinks I should stay at the villa, chopping carrots and celery all day...

Since beef stew was for dinner, we had to chop up a  lot of veggies. There was also the preparations for Canada Day at the villa. (They are having a big dinner banquet) And we also had soup on the menu, more veggies were needed. SO, yesterday was basically filled with chopping veggies and peeling potatoes. 

I also made biscuits yesterday! It was a little hard to remember how to make them really. The dough gets really sticky when you add the milk, so you have to add quite a bit of flour and get your hands in there to make it a nice smooth round ball.

What really scares me is that the chef likes to add LARD to biscuits. Lard is super gross! A big white block of pig fat. Instead, I added margarine.. good ol oleic acid =).

I got to leave early, so I ended up skipping dinner there. Thank GOODNESS. The food is good but I'm seriously getting fat eating their food! I just can't say no once the food is in front of me..

1 comment: