Sunday, November 21, 2010

Mid Nov Weekend Edition

It finally snowed this weekend (well starting Thursday..).. I stuffed 1/2 pb sandwich in my mouth on the way out the door..

Friday was a busy day! I went to the bus stop in the morning and the bus didn't come >=(. Missed first class. But that's okay..because a guy wearing a Mcdonald's had a tray of ~20 cups of coffee was walking around the streets on portage handing out FREE coffee as part of their campaign (free coffee for 1/2 month in Nov). This almost makes up for missing class.


I ate one of my muffins that I baked a couple days earlier for during class it was too sweet and eh. But made me less hungry! :D

my weird tasting home-made muffin
My next class was my Culture and Foods class. Groups are doing presentations now (as explained in an earlier post). This group did Sweden. They baked some Swedish pastries! They were so beautiful and looked liked you could buy them in an actual bakery. It also tasted really good! The coconut ball of butter thing was way to rich. It was almost like biting into butter..the girl also let us know that it was really BAD for you. I ate it anyway. The bun was also super yum. Very eggy and not doughy at all.

Another group did their presentation on Germany. It was very entertaining. They made a black forest-ish cake with cream. It was so yummy. Not too dense (like the cake we made during our lab) and the icing wasn't overly sweet. We also tried some GERMAN BEER. Awesome.

cake and beer

cake
After class I rushed to Kenko and ran into the dish washer boy on the bus! He also lives on top of the restaurant LOL. I took the bus to work with him. Work was really really slow! I did a bunch of cleaning and didn't eat anything at work. I made a pretty deece amount of tip though =D.

When I got home I was starving so I made this pasta dish. In it is: whole wheat pasta, broccoli and a small can of mushroom soup. It was surprisingly really good! I made enough for about 3 people. In my house, if you make food you're supposed to make some for everyone (kind of a rule). In the end, no one ate my creation =(. So I finished this dish for the next two meals I ate XD.

Pasta with mushroom soup and chopped brocolli
I attempted to plan a fun karaoke night with a bunch of friends but unfortunately most of them tend to flake in the end.... =.=
It ended up being Nikki and I chillin at Bar Italia. Also means I drank some alcohol.. =/ I had a few drinks and the bartender gave Nikki and I a free shot of Soho Liqueur. I love soho liqueur.. tastes really good. We proceeded to go to Muse and karaoked together for awhile =). Some of Eric's friends were there too. When I got home I ate more pasta (not pictured...)

I woke up on Saturday pretty late and feeling really tired. I didn't expect to work on this day but one of the workers at Kenko had Strep throat and no one else could work = GRUMPY Linda. I woke up, ate the last of my pasta from last night for brunch (not pictured), watched some tv, played some Farmville and got ready for work.

So I went in to work for 4:15.. expecting to be finished by 8:30 but didn't end up leaving until 10:30 so I couldn't go to my cousins birthday. At work I ate a salmon maki (unpictured).

I didn't actually get home until about 11:00ish and was pretty hungry and a irritated.. I ended up eating some grapes, laughing cow cheese, bread + almond butter (the PC brand one) and an apple with cinnamon. Then proceeded to bed...at 2am.

I haven't actually finished eating these grapes yet.

cinnamon apple = awesome
Which leads me to Sunday! A relaxing day for most people but not for me. My sister woke me up at 10:00am and told me to go study with her. We planned to stop at Rexall for their 50% off makeup sale =D then study at her work but many unfortunate events occurred...

About 5 minutes after my sister woke me up, my Dad asked me to drive him to the Hospital to check out his back. He pulled his back muscle on Saturday and can't really walk properly without an immense amount of pain. My Dad always wants to go to the hospital for every single emergency (instead of the doctor) and it doesn't make sense. Hospital wait times are ridiculously long and I don't want my Dad waiting there forever. I managed to convince him to visit the Pan Am Clinic instead (score!!) since they specialize in muscles and injuries with muscles. My sister drove him to the clinic shortly after and I stayed home and made some Congee for my Dad to eat later and also some lunch for my sis and I.  
Linda's congee! I ate this portion.
For lunch I made tuna salad wraps: one can of tuna, calorie wise mayonnaise, a few slices of old cheddar, one package of laughing cow cheese.


My sister came back and we went to Rexall and I got some cool make up!  They also claim to be eco-friendly. Perhaps reducing my ecological footprint?  We went to Mcdonald's to get some free coffee and picked up my Dad. We then stopped at Wal-Mart to get his prescription for his meds. I also picked up some necessities: toiletries, foaming face wash and cotton balls 

I love free coffee!

powder/blush/bronzer brush is from walmart, bronzer is from Rexall
I went to Danny's expecting to work the afternoon but was a little irritated by the time I got there. Mom tried to tell me to go home and I was getting really irritated because I just wanted to work and get it over with. I said some hurtful things and Mom went absolutely crazy. I can't even describe it - it was definitely a gong show. I really wanted to cry but there was no point in that......so I left and went to study with my sis @ her work.  I ate my apple and lunch wrap while I was there - the banana didn't end up being eaten.

I can still eat apples normally!
I got home at 11:30 and ate some noodles my Dad (or mom) cooked. It was good, but kind of oily. There was bamboo and duck in the soup.

I am going to drink milk and eat this turtle chocolate now. Goodbye weekenddddddddd!


1 comment:

  1. LOL @ the last picture. Turtles and Ferraro Rochers are the BEST holiday candies ever. Restraining myself from buying some until Dec at least.

    That swedish bun is very nice looking. It's so round and shiny ... and boooo at ppl flaking out on Karaoke! >:( That sounds like a great time. We need to do that during the break and sneak in some liquor!!

    ReplyDelete