Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday eat whatever day

Missed first class today. Woke up and my ankle was in PAIN. It's seriously swollen =S. So I rolled over and slept some more. Eventually I woke up because I remembered I volunteered to help out for something. I made a PB and banana sandwich for breakfast/lunch. I ate half of it on the way to the bus stop. The other half I ate in my food cultures class.


Wednesday is food prep lab day! Today was pastry day. Our group made apple pie and angel cake. The apple pie was soo good. But rolling the pie crust is definitely a lot of work >_<. I ate a lot of cake that other groups made and honestly it was kind of gross. It was really dense, rich and thick and the icing was gross. I'm not a big fan of icing because I find it's usually too sweet.


I went to costco with my Mom and brother and ate a piece of cheese, some quinoa and peas ..and a cup of coffee. I also found some great buys there and since money bank (mom) was around I made her buy it =D.

I found almond butter (the *good* brand), some flour, some extra virgin olive oil,  gala apples, 3 kinds of goat cheese (I've forgottten what kind they are now but will report later), and laughing cow cheese, which is a creamy goat cheese! YUM!


I nibbled on some costco fries that my mom bought (maybe 10-15 fries =s). They were kind of burnt. EWW. I also drank a some POP (Fresca - tasted like it was sweetened with aspartame).


Ate two of these.


And baked some banana walnut muffins. I used honey again, and it is way to sweet! Ew! I knew that the oatmeal cookies were too sweet because of the honey but kind of forgot about that. So a 1:1 ratio for granulated sugar : honey may not have been the best option. =s. Next time. Also they don't taste that good. Apparently they'll taste better after a day. We'll see tomorrow. I ate one of these muffins.

1 comment:

  1. So there's a jar of MaraNatha Almond Butter that I've had in my cupboard for 3 months now and I swore that I wouldn't open it until I finished another jar of nut butter. UGGGH SO SLOW I WANT IT NOW. Haha if your muffins are too sweet for you they're probably JUST RIGHT for me ... I would like an over-sweetened muffin pleease.

    ReplyDelete