Monday, November 15, 2010

Left over Monday - where's the snow?

It's past the mid point of November and still there is no snow on the ground! Well, to be honest, it did snow but it melted.  It feels kind of weird without the snow but I shouldn't complain! *knock on wood..*

Today's lunch was yesterday's dinner! Rice with chicken and yam again. Can't say it was really good. The yam tasted better than the chicken. I think I may prefer the taste of vegetables, fruit and grains more than meat.


In my food and cultures class, there are no more lectures! Instead, there are a bunch of presentations that students' are doing about a country (I did a Jamaica presentation last monday). This one group had a phenomenal amount of foooooooood for us to try today! There was traditional Cree food! There is pumpkin cookie, bison balls (no not that kind), blueberry bannock, pumpkin mash and wild rice! The cookie and bison ball was yumyum. The wild rice is suppose to have a nutty flavour.. but I didn't get to eat the rice or pumpkin mash because I had to run to my lab. grr.

L-R: wild rice, pumpkin cookie, blueberry bannock cube, two bison balls, pumpkin mash
After a long and boring lab in which I broke several glasswares... I went to the gym and actually ran nearly 2 miles! (1.75) at pretty slow pace.. My knee was really in pain >=[.. but I wanted to run so badly. After that run, my pain intensified and it was so painful to move it.  Probably wasn't a good idea to run. I better stop for a week for my knee to heal.

I went to 2nd cup to get some studying done and managed to get thru ten slides :(. I got a pomegranate white tea. I  got sooo tired and sleepy and I couldn't concentrate anymore. I also was kind of hungry. My mommy picked me up within 45 minutes >_<.


Also ate this to alleviate hunger for awhile (200 cals).


My dad made some weird spaghetti sauce today. HE really hates cooking so he makes all this weird easy-to-make food that we eat. I ate it with rice.  And also ate one persimmon that my mom peeled for me while watching dancing with the stars..


Today was a pretty blaaah. I definitely didn't get enough sleep today. Gonna try to hit the sack earlier tonight and wake up bright and early to bake something for my mom :D, go to the gym, get some studying done and go to that HESO meeting.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry your lunch wasn't as yummy as it looked! It definitely looked really great in your photo from last night ..

    ReplyDelete