Thursday, November 11, 2010

Time management fail..

So maybe I can't keep up with the blog sphere as well as I thought I could. In fact I haven't updated in 18 days. It's funny because that 18 days (2 weeks and 4 days) is really along time but it doesn't feel that long at all. A lot of things were keeping me busy like exams, school projects, labs and sleep..but...

Blogging is a really a fun hobby of mine so I'm sad I'm not able to write everyday because it makes me happy to blog! I need to prioritize blogging in my daily activities. This means from now on, at night time before reading Kpop news, and watching youtube videos, going on facebook and reading other blogs, I need to write in my own blog!

Anyway like always, I'm going to try to cover all the days I missed. This time in ascending order.

Nov 10. 2010
Today I didn't take pictures of my breakfast/lunch foods (many days like this occur). I ate a banana and a purple yam for breakfast/lunch. For afternoon I ate another banana (haha) slathered with peanut butter and some fat free yogurt. 

My dad didn't go to work today so we ate dinner at home! Here's a pic of all the giant PHO bowls! I love pho so goood.

Pho for everyone!

This is Christine's bowl . onnomom.
Nov 9. 2010
My mom made beef curry with carrots and yams which I ate for lunch. I really love eating yam! I used to only enjoy eating it with condensed milk (super sweet) but the taste of yam by itself as grown on me. I also love olives. =].
 I made my way to second cup to try to stick in some study time. Didn't work out too well. This coffee (butter pecan blend - so good) was 75 cents.

I migrated to the Millenium library and got super hungry. So I ate this *strange* looking energy bar that Tracy sent me. Kind of tastes like a thick fruit to go.


When I got home I ate dinner which was left over mashed potatoes and mushroom soup (which my parents insisted we used in place of Gravy - a very good substitute)


Started to crave high fat foods because of exam stress. Had a cup of maple walnut ice cream in a waffle cone bowl (which I don't really like to eat but like to put my ice cream in).


I then ate 1/2 pkg of nong shim noodles (cringe) simply because I was bored. Guilty.


Nov 8. 2010
This was the day of my Jamaica Foodways presentation. It's also the day that I took the least number of pictures (1).  For breakfast, I ate a piece of bread and nutella. I stopped at Dannys and got a bowl of beef tortellini soup.

That afternoon I ordered 12 Jamaican patties at Bindy's and ate 3/4 of one throughout the afternoon. Dinner time is really fuzzy.. can't really remember what I could have eaten. Probably some chinese foood.




Nov 7. 2010
My dad made some congee the day before so I ate it for BREAKFAST the day after. There is: chicken, scallions, ginger in it. 


My sister drove me to university and I met up with some group members to discuss our Jamaica project. I bought some starbucks TEA! Orange blossom is one of my favourite kinds of green tea they offer. The hint of citrus gives it a good kick. I also bought a blueberry scone (which I looked up, it is like 300 calories? and 30 of fat. Cringe! but tasted so good.)

I topped off the afternoon with some avocado milk tea courtesy of Jer! (thanks!) Yum yum, I ate all the bubbles. Just to let you know.


I was feeling pretty bad about the SB and BBT so I made myself a yummilicious spinach salad for dinner... which was very filling but I was still craving carbs.


So I ate half a nutella sandwich. "What a good healthy dinner" I thought. Little did I know that one hour later my parents would come home and make...........


Mashed potatoes, steak, mushrooms and SALAD for dinner!!!!!! And Yys I ate that whole plate. I was in serious pain. But it tasted so good.. should have gotten a smaller serving of mashed potatoes though.


Nov 6. 2010
A Saturday. I ate rice, chicken, carrots and olives for brunch.


At some point, I ate some congee that my Dad made.  I think I had two small bowls of this.

I made this awesome chocolate cupcakes for Chelsea's potluck event. They are the most unhealthy things ever. Full of butter sugar and WHITE all purpose flour. But they were popular =]. 

At Chelsea's, I ate one of these, ice cream, and a bunch of popcorn.


And that was a really long day. Wish I brought some cranium. Next time.

Nov 5. 2010
Friday.  I was practically starving all day. I was at school from 10-10 (unexpectedly) and didn't pack any real food.. FAIL.

Breakfast was a LG bowl of milk and cereal.  For *lunch* I bought a timmys everything bagel with butter.

And that was the extent of my real food.. for the rest of the night I ate ice cream and ritz bitz crackers. It was really good. But definitely fatty with very little nutrients... oh well.




Nov 4. 2010
Friday. Ate some tofu, stewed pork, winter melon and looks like a tiny riblet. 

I worked on my lab at school pretty late. So I splurged and bought myself a white chocolate mocha! It was very satisfactory because it wasn't hot - it was warm. Drank it anyway.


No pics = no memories of what I ate for dinner this day.

Nov 3. 2010
Breakfast was some yogurt courtesy of the Bison Steak Study.

Also got a cup of my tea of choice, orange blossom!


And ate a honeycrisp apple. They really do taste good!


Dinner was tofu and stewed pork with rice.


Nov 2. 2010
Rice with dad's concoction of beef + choy? + tomatoes + olives 

Still hungry? No problem. Honeycrisp apple filled me right up.


Then I ate dinner...but no pic so no memory! My mom made some ribs though, and I ate that as a "snack" after dinner....


Ate a shizload of chocolate from Nov 1 - Nov 5 ish. I think this is the only one that was caught on camera.

Nov 1. 2010
Peanut butter and jam sandwich was eaten as a midnight snack...
Breakfast = ?
Lunch = ?
I worked at Kenko this day and got a handroll though for free!  This is the first I've ever eaten of this kind of sushi. It was really yummy but I prefer the small pieces because it's easier to eat.



Here's a random pic of my mom........texting. lol.


Dinner was savoury stir fry with rice! (pork + carrots + peppers)
umami..
Oct 31. 2010
Happy Halloween! Sunday evening was spent serving at Kenko and watching 2 hours of TV.  This was the only day that there are zero pictures of what I ate..  =[.

Oct 30. 2010
I ate spaghetti for lunch and dinner. Here's the lunch plate. Dinner plate = non existent pic.  

 Here's some halloween candy......... probably ate 3 or 4 more of these in addition.



Oct 29. 2010

vector cereal for breakfast

1.00 cheese

bought this cookie for a dollar @ the bake sale at school

pasta courtesy of dad! what a mouth watering pic..

Oct 28. 2010

lunch. bruised banana, sandwich (probably nutella), nature valley bar

left over chicken + yam  curry

delicious latte can make anyone happy

healthy muffins that wasn't popular with the fam

made some healthy muffins!

ramen alleviates my feeling of sadness

Oct 27. 2010

1/2 nutella sandwich, banana, mandarin orange, yogurt (uneaten), cereal (uneaten)

chicken curry + yam


Oct 26. 2010

Rice + Veggies + chicken!?! ( no pic)



i spy with my little eye.. orange blossom tea!

Corned Beef Sandwich
Oct 25. 2010

fruity lunch (left) yogurt (mid) sausage muffin (right)

fruity lunch

sausage muffin.

congee with 1000 yr old egg. two servings.

Bread + banana + pecan + 2 pc of cheese

Tracy's pumpkin tea  - loved it

Oct 24. 2010

Huge bowl of cereal

Granola cereal + yogurt + plum

Beef + Red Beet + Rice

Oct 23. 2010

Strawberry frozen yogurt

Honey bunches of oats

Toast + Egg whites + cheese

Ate 1/2 of these quesadillas

GASP. Mcdonalds fries.
Cheeseburger. my fav @ mcdonalds.

1 comment:

  1. Stupid Blogger erased my well-thought out comment.

    I'm so glad you are back to blogging!!! Now I get to see what you're up to everyday and what sort of foods move through your digestive tract!!! (Creepy to the max but YAAAAY)

    Actually that Cheeseburger looks so pathetic and deflated, I'm glad you put it out of its misery. Your momma's food looks really good and I noticed your go-to foods are noodles + sandwiches! I would like more noodles in my life too ... used to eat udon for dinner a lot, maybe I should start again?

    Aren't honeycrisps THE BOMB!? Wow I'm such an apple snob, I look down on apples that are not honeycrisps. RED DELICIOUS DOES NOT DESERVE TO CALL ITSELF AN APPLE. The other day I bought some apples but one was a Gala that fell into the Honeycrisp bin ... I felt so cheated I almost considered not eating it.

    PS super awesome that you don't like waffle bowls as food but as bowls! Hahaha I don't know why but that cracks me up. Reminds me of my dad who likes the ice cream cone MORE than the actual ice cream ...

    ReplyDelete