Tuesday, October 12, 2010

oct 12 - baking cooking and peaceful day..

I started off my day waking up at 8:30 to bring the car to Midas in order get the tire fixed! My dad drove me home in the van and I started off doing my laundry and baking some yummy muffins that I'd made one time before at HSMM. The only different think I did to mine is added some pecans and flax seed! =D. I was almost finished baking when my Dad came home with a BOMB meal - breakfast from Danny's. Not to wrry! I skipped the meat :). I ate the multi-grain toast with almond butter, 1/3 of the hashbrowns, and the fried egg.
I did not consume the BACON or the sausage.
By the time I was finished eating with my Dad, the muffins were done! They smelled good and looked super healthy and kind of looked like they were going to be dry.. but in fact they are pretty moist and tasty!

YUMMMY!
Imagine how good they would be with some margarine.. haaha

After baking and cleaning the kitchen, I started to make lunch for my Dad.. I made an egg omelette (kinda burnt it) with a whole bunch of egg whites and 5 normal eggs. I also boiled some left over broccoli from way back when.. and heated up the ground pork in a pot that my dad made a longg time ago. Still tastes good! I didn't have much to work with in my fridge. I ate lunch with my dad at around 1:00 and had a bit of everything with a small bowl of rice.


Looks kinda nasty but broccoli is broccoli..

I don't know why my Dad keeps making this. He should make pork patties instead! So much better...
After going to school for an ACHES (association of canadian human ecology students) meeting and doing some research for a group project,I came home and made myself a yummylicious salad (while resisting a BK chicken burger that my MOM bought) and watched DWTS (dancing with the stars!!!)

I spoke to my Mom today about her and my Dad buying BK and KFC every week and that she really needs to stop. I told her to go to Lucky Super Market (big asian grocery store) to buy some food there instead. I told her we shouldn't be eating all this fried oily food all the time... But I guess because she is tired from work and doesn't have the energy to cook food at home, she just buys instant food and eats that. She eats pretty much one meal a day. It's all very sad really. That's why since I had some time today, I felt like I needed to cook some lunch for my dad. I don't know what he would have cooked for himself otherwise..(maybe weird pork in pot thing AGAIN?)

DINNER: field greens, carrots, tomatoes, goat cheese, mandarin orange slices and sun dried tomato dressing
I also ate some pumpkin bran muffin tops. Someone has to eat them before they go bad... haha
Before bed snack. I sleep better when I'm full. LOL.


No comments:

Post a Comment