Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 16. A Saturday of eating seefood.

I woke up on Saturday pretty late. It was ching ming (tomb sweeping day) so I visited my grandpa's grave with my family to pay respects and to remember about him.  My dad always buys some maxim bakery and *bi sun*'s it for my grandpa (basically put it in front of grave stone and light incense for my grandpa to "eat"). It's been 13 years since my grandpa died. He really was an important part of the family and brought all the kids on my mom's side together. Those were happy times.. He died when he was only 72. Pretty early but he smoked like a chimney and died of lung cancer..
Chicken Bun

Couldn't resist. Half a cream bun.
 I went home and ate some of these cracker things . So gooooooooooooood.

Then I took the bus to work to Kenko. It was sooo dead. I worked for three hours and made 12 dollars of tip. SAD.  However, I did get a free veggie kamekaze roll from the sushi chef. Awesome!
Veggie Kamekaze.
I stopped at starbucks after work to work on a lab/study. Not much got done but I did get a yummy hot chocolate!.. The barista gave me some free foam too! ;). Being friendly sure has its perks !
Hot Choco and FOAM!
K picked me up and we worked on our labs for a little while. Then we rented The Girl with the Dragon tattoo. Very graphic (rapes scenes) but interesting mystery movie. It was very interesting and kept me attentive the whole time!  Warning - it is in Swedish so be prepared to read subtitles for 2.5  hours. Also ate some tortilla chips with bean dip, seasoned ground beef, sour cream and guacamole!.. Maybe 7-10 chips..

No comments:

Post a Comment