Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Oct 15. 2010 - Chocolate Chicken and Bison

This morning I woke up in a rush but managed to make a nutella-banana sandwich on multigrain bread. This is the type of MG bread my parents sell at the restaurant, and it's pretty good! I didn't have time to mash my bananas or put any pecan pieces on it but it still tasted great!
Nutella, Banana on multigrain bread

About to leave the house while cramming the sandwich in my face.
Mandarin orange (with seeds eww..) for snack.

Lunch was eaten in class. This clif bar is really good! I love the hint of mint combined with chocolate. Was kind of like those After 8 chocolate things.
 When I got home from school there was yummy asian food! Looks like there is gai lan, bbq pork amd some left over tofu. My dad probably didn't feel like cooking much that day and just bought some fatty pork..which I ate XD.
Gai lan, rice, BBQ pork, tofu
 Nikki's Birthday night was supposed to be at this new place on Osborne called Segovia but that place was packed (and does not take reservations). So we ended up at Fude! I small locally owned restaurant in osborne village. Almost all their food supports Manitoba farmers so I was very impressed. Prices were a little expensive but it IS a fine dining restaurant. To start, I ordered a raspberry chocolatini! The name sounded so good and delicious but to be honest it was a little strong. I can't remember what was in it...the best part was the chocolate inside!

Raspberry Chocolatini
 Appetizers were pieces of bread. Not sure what was in these things but they tasted herb like (what herbs, I don't know =(.. ), and bit spongy almost like scone consistency but less dry. I'd definitely eat it again It also didn't come with any butter and instead there was an an red coloured oil vinaigrette dipping sauce which was yummy! Trying new foods is great!


 I shared the main course with Cindy which had chocolate chicken, some pork?beef? pieces, and a rack o bison meat! Bison tastes like beef.. not a big fan. My fav was the pieces of mystery meat in the middle. Very tender n juicey, then the chocolate chicken which was a strange combination but good nonetheless!

Chocolate chicken, mystery (but yummy) meat, rack of bison

 We went to AREA night club, a newly renovated Canad Inns club. It was alright..honestly just looks like a mix of stereo and republic. The crowd didn't have enough asians. XD. I downed 3 shots there :(. A total of 5 drinks that night. Afterwords, midnight drunken food craving led us to Mcdonalds and three of us girls shared these fatty McDs fries. ohh dear.

broke my 2ish months of no mcdonalds ..didn't taste that good. Homeade YAM FRIES > Mcdonalds fries.

No comments:

Post a Comment