Friday, October 1, 2010

Oct 1st

Finally October. Time really flies! Time to eat more Autumn-ish foods.. tomorrow :)
 My Dad came home in the morning with a tomato muffin in hand. Inside is a piece of cheese, tomato and a fried egg. Yummy goodness, but a little bit to cheesy.. Definitely would have preferred a bowl of cereal or oatmeal + pumpkin (to try!) for breakfast.
For lunch I had (not pictured), I had nutella + bread, a granola bar, and a banana. OK, I admit it.. I'm getting sick of the nutella + bread combo! I actually prefer pb + bread at the moment. I just don't allot enough time to make a good lunch. =s
 I forgot my house keys today, so I was chilling at the YMCA until my sister came. I ate an apple while waiting. yum.
 I always break at dinner time. Today there was gong  chao ngow hor.. (left over) and some shrimp ish sui mai .. I also ate two more sui mai (not pictured) :'(
 I was still hungry so I ate some rice with beef stew!!! Tastes even better than yesterday :D.
It was my cousins birthday today so I came at the end and had some maxim bakery cake =(. It was soo good! But I knew I shouldn't have eaten it.... sigh. And I ate 3 chicken wings.. wooooooow.

I came home and watched wedding TV! My dad trapped me in the kitchen in lecture mode so that's why I ended up eating chicken wings... and some yogurt. I had a cup of chai tea in my new HUMAN ECOLOGY CUP!!!
What I eat is really decided by what my family makes. For example, for breakfast I felt like I had to take the breakfast muffin, otherwise my papa would be offended.. When I came home from school there was also food from a Chinese Restaurant that was really hard to say no to, since I was eating with my mom and sister. Tomorrow I have the morning - afternoon to myself. There is still some left over stew which I could eat but I want to eat some oatmeal! I have work tomorrow, so I'll probably end up eating whatever the kitchen makes. If I lived on my own, I'd have more decision making power on meals. Difficult =(

1 comment:

  1. I definitely agree with you on it being hard to choose what you eat when eating with other people! Even now when I have guests over I have to compromise on what I want to eat and make sure they want to eat it too (most people don't want fruit for every meal) ... :( what's a good solution for this? Not sure!!! The only thing I can think of is eat your own Breakfast and Lunch and have a common dinner with the fam?

    ReplyDelete