Thursday, October 14, 2010

Oct 14 - Hummus!

For breakfast I ate what I said I would eat... bread with almond butter, mashed bananas and pecan pieces. Such a perfect breakfast food <3.

During volunteering I ate some hummus and tortilla wrap. The dietitian did a demo for the post natal moms on how to make hummus and tuna-pineapple sandwiches on site. I was honestly expecting to make muffins today.. weird! Anyway Hummus is surprisingly cheap and easy to make! All there is is chick peas (drained and rinsed), water, lemon juice, fresh garlic, cumin, and olive oil mixed in a blender! WOW! I need to make this at home.. I always want to eat hummus but it's pretty expensive for a small container..and my brother usually inhales most of it.

Tortilla wrap, Hummus, lettuce and cucumber.
After I was pretty hungry on the ride home so I ate a Smores Luna Bar from Tracy! This one I didn't enjoy as much as the citrus one. It mostly tasted chocolatey.
The packaging is so exciting and cute.
 I dropped off my car @ the Forks and made my way to Kenko. I was a little early so stopped by Starbucks and grabbed a cup of delicious coffee. I used half and half cream today. It DOES taste so much better with cream..... No picture :(. At work, my coworker/manager bought me a sushi roll :). It was veggie kamakaze and tasted delicious. It just melts in your mouth.. I think there is kimchi, avocado, tempura crumbs and spicy sauce in it.

I also ate a bowl of crab soup that one f the sushi chefs made. Very crab tasting and reminded me of something my mom would make at home. Yum,..there are pieces of crab at the bottom that you can't see...

When I got home (at 11:10pm :S), I ate a tofu dessert thing with my Mom (mango!) and also a cup of cantaloupe (not pictured). Usually I have crazy cravings and eat lots of things at night but right now I'm just tired and want to sleep. I don't even want any tea or tea biscuits. :)


Mango tofu
Check out my cool winter gloves! Perfect for using a phone in the fall/spring. Just not that useful for chilly Winnipeg winters.


1 comment:

  1. Your nutrition classes sound so fun! I'm really glad you're learning about all these interesting things and get to test them out!! I learned my lesson about coffee cream when I asked for "just 1 cream" at Tim Horton's and she gave me like 100calories worth. FAIL. :) Your late night snacks sound like good choices too, I've been eating dairy and fruit before bed lately (this may be just wishful thinking) and I swear it helps me sleep better!

    Also like your gloves a lot! They suit you!

    ReplyDelete