Monday, October 11, 2010

October 7 - 11 (long weekend!!!!!)

Oct 7 - Volunteering x 2
The day began with me waking up at 6:30 in the morning to volunteer at Siloam Mission for the  radio-thon. It was scary walking there because it's honestly in the creepiest part of town! And there were so many bums outside the building...
Breakfast was toast with some almond butter!
This granola,cranberry almond thing was free at Siloam Mission! I ate a small piece.
There was also some FREE coffee! Yay! I LOVE free things.
This is what the pledge form looked like.. I only got two calls the whole time =S.
After volunteering I stopped by Danny's (since it was kinda close by) to grab some lunch.
I ate a BLT for lunch@ Dannys. Yum!
Then I bussed to Fort Richmond to go volunteer for HSMM (Healthy Start for Mom and Me) like I do every Thursday. It was quick and easy! We made Raisin Bran Banana Muffins which were so GOOD and healthy! (No pics though, next time) I then stopped by K's house for awhile and stole a slice of banana pecan bread that his mom made. Mmm so goood.
Lighting looks good too!
Dinner was a bunch of left overs. Chicken that I baked the day before, some tofu from the day before and ong choy from the day. Not pictured is some broccoli that I boiled.
Friday October 8th, 2010 - Test Day! and Bake Day
Breakfast was thrown together in two seconds. Some yummy bread with nutella (been missing this!)
Exam day means eating chocolate! I ate 16 chocolate almonds...
Ate this right before the exam. YUM! The weather was really beautiful on Friday (like 25*!)
Had some beef tataki @ Samurai during a date with Cindy. Definitely does NOT beat Kenko's Beef Tataki!
I had a chopped scallop roll (fav) and a crunch roll! Yum! Filled me right up.
Cindy had a firefly and a.. roll I forgot the name of.
And then I had a delicious Latte (overkill I know..). I think I had a white chocolate mocha. But made with non-fat milk!
The last of the leaves on my street. I'll miss fall when it leaves us.
Pumpkin Bran Muffins
I baked with K on Friday! We made pumpkin bran muffins that turned out pretty bad. They had lots of good ingredients like wheat bran, pumpkin, brown sugar, raisins, egg whites etc. But in the end, they turned out kinda hard, and very much burnt. All that was left was the muffin top... Next time we'll need either PAM or Muffin cups... On the bright side, Christine really liked it. =]
I finished off the day with some pizza by dad brought home and a bunch of candy.. X_X


Saturday Oct 9, 2010 - Dannys + Kenko + Cousins Night
My mom has been having some health problems lately, so my dad asked me to come in for part of a morning shift at Danny's. Mornings really aren't my thing.. after finishing up at Danny's I go home and sleep the rest of my day away until I have to work again =S.
Ate two of these mini pancakes and 2 strips of bacon TT for breakfast.
Then I went home and took a very very long nap. (4 hours). I only woke up to go to my next job.. Do you ever get the feeling where you don't want to wake up because you don't want to face your day? Well that's probably why I slept in so long.....
Reese's Cocoa
Since I missed my bus I walked to the nearest sev and got this delicious REESE's cocoa! so so SO GOOD!!!! Much better than regular hot chocolate.. I was feeling really down and needed something to cheer me up.
Looks kinda messed up because the wrap was breaking apart but tasted good nonetheless!
After some long and grueling hours of serving, I drove to my Aunt's house outside the city for a girl cousin night! We had Vietnamese rice paper rolls (remember these TGU??)
Here's some peanut dipping sauce and fish sauce dipping sauce. I preferred the fishy one!
And not pictured is a bunch of ritz bitz peanut butter crackers......like A LOT. Maybe 30 of them.

Sunday Oct 10, 2010 - Dannys + Kenko
On this morning I woke up brighter (6:30am) (well darker) and earlier again to take over part of my mom's shift. I worked with my dad and it was pretty fun! My dad made me a scrambled eggs sandwich for breakfast! We finished up by 9:30am.
Two scrambled eggs with multigrain bread.
I went home and took a nice long nap until about 2:00pm. Trying to be healthy, I then attempted to make something with granola, pecans, pumpkin and fat free yogurt (with cinnamon and brown sugar added)..
Ingredients look promising!
I tried eating this goop for awhile but the yogurt was really sour!!!
So I tried to pan fry it with some chopped up bartlett pear.. It still tasted the same except warmer, a little sweater and more goopy. And my appetite was absolutely spoiled..In the end, I threw in some baking powder, baking soda and more sugar, and threw it into the oven and made it into these muffin things.
I made 4! and Christine ate them all! SCORE!
And I went off to Kenko for 4:30.. but before that had some trouble with a flat tire =(.  Luckily Jeremy showed up and lent me his automatic pump. (I was using a BIKE pump..) I ended up being only 15 minutes late! At Kenko I had a delicious bowl of miso soup and also a mille feuille pastry that Rob (the prep guy and pastry chef to be) made. SO GOOOD!!!!!
Mille feuille pastry by ROB <3!!!!!
Salad for Dinner :)
After pumping my tire (again!!!!!) after work, I came home to an empty house (yay! quiet..) and fixed myself a yummy salad with mixed greens, grapes, cherry tomatoes, cheese, goat cheese, cranberry almond trail mix and greek feta dressing. Yum yum.. and slept pretty early.

Monday October 11 - Happy Thanksgiving!
Today I woke up at a good normal time for me (10:30am!) and deposited a shizload of cash into the bank, said goodbye to the square and made my sister take me out for dim sum..which probably wasn't a good idea.
Wu Tao Go
?? Shrimp fried thing
Very garlic-y piece steamed thing
Ha gow
BBQ Pork bun, I ate half of one.
Siu Mai
Vietnamese Rolls
1 of 2 turkeys my mom baked at Danny's for Thanksgiving Dinner!
My huge ass plate of goop: mashed potatoes, stuffing, spring rolls (I ate 3), and a shizload of turkey and all this was smothered in GRAVY!
Aunt baked a yummy cake!
Happy Thanksgiving Everyone! I'm thankful for all my family and friends that support and look out for me.. thank you.  I'll strive to do the same..













1 comment:

  1. LD I'm super jealous of your thanksgiving meals as well as your super baking skills. That yogurt-pumpkin concoction made me LOL!! How did you manage to turn that into muffins???? You must teach me.

    ReplyDelete