Sunday, September 12, 2010

Sept 10 - First Day of School - packed lunches!


I like the checkered tiles in my kitchen.
I slept pretty late on Thursday ..not smart! I had to wake up at 8:30 to get ready for class in the morning. I managed to shower, pack lunch and eat brekky! For breakfast I had a delicious piece of bread and nutella. I was in such a rush while packing/eating that I forgot to take a pic til the very last moment ... lol. Eating nutella is like eating a delicious milk chocolate bar + yummy bread. Although it tastes good, it certainly isn't very filling. This was 200 calories. 


This salad wasn't that good
Apple sauce didn't end up being eaten.
I eat lunch between 11:30-12:20 at school because that's when my spare is! I managed to pack a salad with: 1 cup romaine lettuce(10), 1/4 cup  babycarrots (30), 1/4 cup grapes (30), 1/4 cup cherry tomatoes (3), 1 tbsp blueberry goat cheese (25). I didn't pack any dressing because I had no container for it..but the blueberry goat cheese certainly makes up for it. I ended up eating only the salad and yogourt during that allotted time (too full). The salad took forever to eat and I'd pretty much lost my appetite at the end of it. Total 98 calories.

During my last class I got super hungry and ate that half sandwich you see on the far right. Then I became sleepy and nodded off in class during the movie LOL. This is the same thing that I had for breakfast (bread and nutella - 200 calories). After class I decided I'd eat the banana (100) cuz otherwise it would probably squish and turn into mush in my bag since it was CRAZY ripe.

Hamburger chips and Cheese String
After my nap, I ate some BAD food...... I ate hamburger flavoured Doritos. It actually tastes like a hamburger o_O. So weird! It was really good and addictive and I wanted to eat the whole bag but thankfully K only gave me a small bowl which I didn't want refilled. I probably ate 100 calories worth (19 chips is 230 calories). I also ate a marble cheese string. (60 calories)

PHO!
For dinner I broke the bank and ate a small bowl of pho from a lime green coloured restaurant.. lol something Dang? Anyway looking up pho calories online one small bowl is 450-500 calories. It tasted pretty OK. This is more of a southern style type of broth (added sugar) which I'm not as used to. This meal made me super bloated. I love pho!


 Vitatop and hot chocolate!!
When I got back to K's house, I was craving a chocolate vitatop! We dropped by safeway and I bought a box. To cook it, you microwave it for 18 seconds, and then put it in your toaster. Since K didn't have a toaster, we used a toaster oven! I don't have a toaster oven, and I think its pretty cool :). Very convenient and I think it did the job better than a toaster would have! I ate the chocolate vitatop (100 calories) with a cup of yummy vanilla bean hot chocolate made from a package from Second Cup (150 calories). 

 










I didn't finish all my lunch at school that I packed. When I got home I was hungry again so I ate the gala apple (100 calories) and the kashi bar (120 calories).

Total: 1728 calories. Not a bad day. I ate a good amount of fruits and veggies. But I also had nutella + bread twice which is 400 calories, and is probably why my calorie count is a bit high. Since I did a lot of activity on this day (school, bus, walking, etc) I need approx ~1760 calories.

3 comments:

  1. OMG I'm so happy you (and K) ate vitatops! Also your day looked SUPER HEALTHY. I recommend you get Chocolate Peanut Butter to replace Nutella, they taste very similar but Choco PB actually has less calories and more nutrition. :D Love that you're updating everyday!

    ReplyDelete