Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sept 8 - Morning savoury craving

Crispy Roast Pork Chinese Style
Since I slept at about 6:00am last night (starving), I woke up craving something savoury. My dad screamed at my brother to wake up for school at about 11:30am (which woke me up). I haven't woken up that early in forever XD. My dad bought crispy roast pork - Chinese style @ the supermarket and had 3 pieces (150 calories). Why do my parents buy high fat food? That's ok - I used portion control :). I ate it with the pickled choy (30 cal) with half a cup of rice (120 calories).
I like calling these tangerines..
I finished this meal off with a medium sized tangerine (mandarin orange, 50 calories) while watching an episode of family guy.  Brunch = 320 calories.

Today is my last day of my 5 day work marathon at Kenko (6 if you count Friday's lunch) I have a few errands to run this afternoon, hopefully I can get them all done before work! There's also a bonfire tonight and who knows what will go wrong there...




While running my errands downtown and at school, I was feeling super hungry at about 3:00pm. I ate a ripe banana (100 calories) and at 4:15 ish a chocolate granola bar (160 calories). Should I try those Luna bars that tgu has been eating?

At Kenko I was actually starving and ate a bowl of miso soup with 1/3 a cup of rice (140 calories) in it. I forgot to take a picture of it :(. Miso soup definitely tastes better minus the rice, but I needed something to keep me full.

The kitchen cooked some weird vegetable pancake for dinner. I ate 3 mini slices..Pretty sure it is some sort of flour batter and green onions, peppers, red peppers and regular onions. They taste pretty bad without any soya sauce in it..I took some homeand maybe will attack some tomorrow morning. (or probably afternoon)



I didn't end up going to the bonfire because I worked too late at Kenko (til 10:30pm). K picked me up and we went to get ice cream at this new ice cream place called Cold Stone instead.  It's similar to Marble Slab except this place is 24 hours and has Tim Hortons attached to it. I forgot to ask for nutrition information :(. I ate the one on the right, banana almond caramel? Something. Anyway, they didn't have any bananas left (WTF!!!) so I had apple instead (the kind in apple pie) instead. It tasted really yummy - much yummier than the cheesecake one that K had.  There was probably 1 cup of french vanilla ice cream in it. (280 calories,  14g of fat). There was also the added caramel, sugary apple and nuts...an extra 150 perhaps? 430 calories.

Then we went to Eric's house and watched a garbage show, Chopped and Kitchen Night Mares. I used to watched food network channels with my mom in her room but this lately (this summer) I haven't been spending as much time with her. I'd watch Chop and Kitchen Nightmares with her... anyway I overlooked how entertaining the show was and was trying to pay full attention to the show amidst all the talking.. I also managed to eat this mini tart because it looked so good...(150-200 calories?)
 I also ate an orange when I got home.....
Honestly a terribly unhealthy day.
It's 4:30am and I am hungry again! I need to sleep. C
alories: 1260 calories + veggie pancake.

3 comments:

  1. Good luck at the bonfire! Although this is probably a bit too late ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. do ripe bananas and nonripe bananas have a different calorie count?

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, there is just less starch in unripe bananas (which gives it the bitter taste). Starch breaks down and glucose is released which makes it sweeeeeet.

    ReplyDelete