Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sept 5 - Grocery Shopping!

Never go grocery shopping on an empty stomach. Otherwise you will buy things such as: FLAVOUR BLASTED GOLD FISH XPLOSION PIZZA. I ate this throughout the day for two days and now they are gone (900 calories a pkg).

While I was grocery shopping though I bought lots of healthy stuff such as vector cereal (It was finally on SALE!), apples, orange juice, cucumber, lettuce, blueberries, grapes, yummy multigrain bread and blueberry goat cheese!! (so good! thanks tgu), hummus, and summer chip dips. I also bought one more unhealthy item other than the goldfish - a bag of Tostitos chips which my siblings and I + Jer devoured in the afternoon.

Tostitos + Hummus  + Dip




When I got home from superstore I prepped a delicious salad which consisted of most of the veggies I bought. I wash all of my fruits and veggies before I eat them and honestly it takes FOREVER. Washing and cutting lettuce especially. My favourites are romaine lettuce and spinach for salad. This salad has: romaine lettuce, mandarin orange slices, grapes, blueberries, red peppers, blueberry goat cheese and extra virgin olive oil greek feta dressing. If I was to make the salad again, I wouldn't add the red peppers. It tastes too bitter and sour compared to the rest of the fruits (especially the mandarin oranges.)


I had work and they made Yaki Udon with beef slices for dinner. It was the most delicious Udon I have ever eaten like..EVER. Or I was just starving... nonetheless it was so good! And I managed to steal a picture of it without anyone watching ;). I had about one cup of it which is approx 380 calories. Also, adding beef and random sauces probably another 150. As I'm reading nutrition information on udon noodles, they are pretty heavy on the calories side but are high in protein and fibre and low in fat. And tastes better than instant noodles noodles. However, after eating this I was still hungry :(. 

So when I got home from work I ate a piece of delicious yummy bread that I'd bought (120 calories) and a table spoon of smooth peanut butter (100 calories). Besides the snacks I bought (because I was a starving grocery shopper), it wasn't a bad day...

Chips and dip ~ 400
Salad ~ 250
Yaki Udon ~ 530
Bread + Pb = 220
Goldfish = 450
Net caloric intake 1850 calories.

3 comments:

  1. Yaaay so glad you like blueberry goat cheese! A little of that stuff sure goes a long way right?? You really can't miss it ... I love putting it on salads, don't even need dressing! Also has less saturated fat than normal cheese. Also wtf is Xplosion Pizza?! That sounds so intense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the salad and jeremy says thank u too :D

    ReplyDelete