Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Sept 4 - New Hong Kong

Blueberry Miniwheats
For breakfast (at 1PM) on this wonderful Saturday, I had blueberry mini wheats! One small bowl is approx 200 calories with milk. The best kind of mini wheats are definitely the blueberry ones. My brother has an undying love for mini wheats so in our house we have a jumbo box of frosted mini wheats, strawberry mini whets and blueberry mini wheats. o_O.


New Hong Kong is famous for these.
Onion Pancake
After I finished my cereal, Christine and Jer proposed that we go to NEW HONG KONG for some dimsum-ish food. Knowing me, how could I refuse? I had one and a half squares of the onion pancake. There also was some sui mai which looked  kind of weird. Ugliest looking sui mai I've ever seen and didn't taste that good either... I ate two of them. (120 calories).
Egg and Pork with sauce on Rice

      I ate two pork dumplings as well (160 calories). This place is actually "famous" for their dumplings and they taste pretty good! Most dumplings do tho >_<. Anyway, definitely a must try. Jer also ordered each of us a bowl of rice with an egg and some pork..sauce.. thing. It tasted OK.. it kind of got really dry at the end and I only ate it to finish my food (~400 cal)


Weird Sui Mai
We went to the park and threw around a frisbee. Christine was terrible at it. Steven wasn't too good at it either. But in the end it was lots of fun. I hardly get to spend quality time with my sibings (minus one) anymore. 


For the rest of the day, I'm not sure what I ate. I must have had a bowl of miso soup at some point in the night. 

After work, K and I went to POPOCHA and got some bubble tea. I caved and got avocado bubble tea with bubbles! (300-400 calories). We watched samurai champloo and then it was home time....

Breakfast 200
Lunch 680
Dinner 50 
BBT 300-400 calories
Net caloric intake 1230 - 1330


2 comments:

  1. Hahaha reminds me of our giant box of mini-miniwheats that only lasted 1.5days during camping! Cereal never fills me up either :( that's why I never eat it anymore. 300cal of cereal leaves me hungry 2hr later but 300cal of oatmeal is so much more tummy-friendly!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. xtine was terrible at it. LOL

    yea the siu mai was questionable

    we order shrimp dumplings next time

    ReplyDelete