Friday, September 10, 2010

Sept 9 - Vietnamese Tasting BBQ + NUTELLLA!!

Ong choy, taro and shrimp paste

I woke up at 1:00pm today by my dad yelling at me to get up and eat. Papa made a shrimp paste (ha jeung) + ong choy (water spinach) + taro root soup. The ong choy was really chewy and weird. I couldn't finish eating the choy because the texture was so rubbery. The soup was kind of salty but I enjoy salty foods.. I had two pieces of taro which is about 1/3 a cup (35 calories) and about 3 oz of ong choy (25 calories). I ate it with a cup of rice (240 calories).  I can't find any nutrition information on shrimp paste.. my dad probably put in 1-2 tablespoons of it. I'm just going to ignore it..
Total = 300 calories.

My mom attacked it before I could take a picture.
I was signed up to help out at Kenko today but I was saved by a server (yay!) and ended up helping out my mom at Danny's instead. I ate a lot of food there. >_<. My mom decided she wanted a crepe from next door and I ordered a crepe with tomatoes, ricotta cheese, deli chicken breast (I honestly prefer roast chicken) and spinach. I ate about 1/3 of it. I'm not going to bother looking up the amt of calories. It seemed pretty healthy but tasted like barf. Don't know why I kept eating it. (150-200 calories?)


mini salad
While my mom went out *grocery shopping* in the supermarket at The Forks, I decided I was still hungry and made myself a delicious mini salad. I put a pen beside it as comparison for size. (it really was small) In it was head lettuce (not my fav), roasted turkey breast, green peppers, green onions, mandarin oranges from a can, dried cranberries, random nuts (including an almond), and tomatoes. There was also a tablespoon of raspberry vinaigrette. I also do not want to count the amt of calories in this salad.. about 150-200?


Looks so yummy in this pic.
My mom made a huge amount of this Vietnamese style (I think) pork while at Danny's. She seasoned it with salt, sugar and garlic powder. It tasted so goood and heavenly!!!! I kept picking at the pieces...must have ate at least 10 of them.When I got home I ate more of this yummy pork (10 pieces) with half a cup of rice (120 calories) and some pickled veggies (30 calories).  I'm gonna give a rough estimate that those pork pieces (some had fat on it) are around 200-300 calories.  Total is 460 calories.

After the rice, I wasn't hungry but I still wanted to eat something LOL so I ate a yogourt (90 calories). I like when food has nutrition labels on it so I don't have to go look it up and guestimate...<3 yogourt. 

I went to superstore after with my mommy and brother and bought a bunch of necessities such as: nongshim instant noodles (the kind korean people eat), kashi cereal bars, and finally gave into my nutella craving. I've been wanting to buy this for almost 2 months but managed to resist it until tonight.

On a side note, I saw a chunky sweater that was so warm and comfy and really really wanted it. My brother said it made me look fat ..but I still wanted it.  I love Joe clothes. Very simple and easy to wear. It's a grey chunky cable knit sweater and reminds me of  Monica's hooded scarf that she so kindly lent me from spring-summer. I wish I took a pic of it. After budgeting with Christine I realized that I really can't afford it. I might buy it anyway.. hahaha. and pay for it later.. we will see!
I
became hungry at about 12:00am and was contemplating whether I should eat instant noodles or nutella + bread. In the end my sweetness craving won and I had a piece of multigrain bread (100) with a tablespoon of nutella (100). I also ate a cup of grapes (120) and half a cup of pineapple (40). Still working on the fruit at the moment.. and it's 2:00am!

Estimate of calories today is
brunch 300
snack1 150-200
gatorade (not pictured) 10
snack2 150-200
dinner 460
snack3 90
snack4 360
TOTAL: 1520-1660.
Here's a pic of my crazy fridge for fun. 
Nothing else can fit in there.

3 comments:

  1. Your fridge looks so crazy. Don't things get lost in there? :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah and then they start molding :X

    ReplyDelete
  3. HHAHAHA ew i hate our fridge
    everytime i organize it, it get's retarded again dad keeps putting stuff in there with white plastic bags=----so we dn't know what the heck is in there.

    I GIVE UP ON CLEANING and ORGANIZING IT

    ReplyDelete